V2500 SelectOne™ is the latest engine production standard, which first entered service on schedule in October 2008. The result is an engine that delivers best-in-class reliability, the lowest fuel burn, best performance retention, lowest total emissions and environmental leadership, and lowest cost of ownership.
As a multinational collaboration supported by leading aero engine manufacturers, IAE has access to the widest pool of new technology. Some of the key technologies introduced into V2500 SelectOne™ include:
- The latest in 3D aerodynamics in the high-pressure compressor(HPC) to improve handling and efficiency with reduced core temperatures
- The latest in materials and cooling technology in the high-pressure turbine resulting in an increase in efficiency and component lives
- Adjustments in the low-pressure turbine
Other technological advancements include: wide chord fan, full-length nacelle, HPC coatings and the V2500′s optimum design for efficiency.
V2500 SelectOne™ has delivered significant additional benefits to customers, including:
- Further reduced fuel burn
- Time-on-wing improvement
- Additional EGT margin
- Fewer miscellaneous shop visits
The V2500 is the class leader in terms of reliability and offers the lowest fuel burn, lowest total emissions and the lowest noise.
Through V-ServicesSM many new part standards can be incorporated into existing engines at an overhaul, thus providing additional value to existing assets.